Thursday, October 27, 2011

Breakthrough: A DEATH IN THE FAMILY

Sometimes, you get breakthroughs with plays that are so freaking OBVIOUS you just DON'T understand how you didn't see if before. I won't go into the details, but I made some connections the other night, and suddenly things started making more sense.

It's funny, because of the two plays I had read this summer, A DEATH IN THE FAMILY is the one I didn't think I would be trying to complete a better draft of. TIME CHANGES is still sitting in a pile somewhere, but A DEATH IN THE FAMILY has already gone through one new draft, and an even NEWER draft is brewing currently (*knock wood*). I need to get this draft finished in the next four days, and somehow get together my play for National Playwriting Month AND learn to write a murder mystery for dinner theatre.

Ahhhh, this all makes me so happy!

No comments: