Tuesday, May 6, 2008

San Fran?

It's been since August that I've been here, and I haven't been able to buy a copy of American Theatre magazine since then, because I simply couldn't find it. I was going to Hendrix to read it, but it's nice to relax at home or wherever I might be. I couldn't find it at Hastings, which wasn't a surprise, but I did manage to find it at Barnes and Noble. I had looked in the writing magazines, which was where I would often find it at other bookstores. Then I got desperate and looked in the screenwriting section and there it was. YAY!

I know, subscribe. Whatever.

In the latest issue, there's an ad for the 2008 bay area playwrights festival. During this, there will be a weekend intensive with Naomi Wallace from July 31-August 3. Registration is soon and the class is only open to 12 students. There's not information about how much it will cost, but there's other classes that cost $300 and there's no reason to think it would be different for this class.

I am trying to determine if i want to do this. I mean, I know I want to do it. It's Naomi Wallace. Doi. But I am trying to determine if i can afford this. $300 for the class, $xxx for the hotel. plane fare, etc. I talked to Bill and I was kind of hoping he would pop the bubble, but he made me think it was possible.

And I got my income tax return today. And I could be getting up to $600 back from the stimulus package. YAY.

So I am just trying to figure out what to do as far as this goes. I have nine days to decide.

Let's see, what else? Just working on the plays. I am still working on All Shook Up and I got a bunch of other plays in the wings. Bill has been in California for a couple days. He'll be back on Saturday. Saturday. The next day off. Yay!

No comments: