Friday, July 17, 2009

The 35th Year

A couple weeks ago I started my 35th year of life.

I spent the first week or so kind of feeling sorry for myself when it came to my writing. And then I realized something.

I need to kick my own butt into action. So this is what I am going to do.

I am going to edit the crap out of everything I got and start sending stuff out. Constantly.

I am working on the newest draft of 'A Death in the Family'. I've already found a bunch of theatres to send things to, I just need to get the draft done. I am about half-way finished.

I think this is what I need. I'll admit, I've been spending a lot of time, kind of pretending to spend time submitting to theatres, meanwhile, floundering around, being jealous of other people who have done the submitting and are travelling all over the country, seeing their work, working with people, and getting somewhere in the world of theatre. And I realized that if I want to get anywhere, I need to pay my dues.

So I am.

No comments: