Saturday, July 13, 2013

Tenative Hope: A DEATH IN THE FAMILY

I've been having some lovely writing days in the last couple weeks. I have discovered that maybe writing every day is not the thing to do. I need to be gentle with myself and not beat myself up when I can't seem to focus enough to write. Right now, I just need to write when I feel like I can. Luckily, that's been a lot lately.

I am about to print out the newest draft of A DEATH IN THE FAMILY to continue work on it. I have added a new character, who is still growing on me, and I need to work on getting her into other scenes and actually doing things.

I am having a bit of progress on the mystery of the play, so we will see how that falls out.

And I have a new special Top Secret Project I am working on with a friend of mine. It's going to be a while before I can actually talk in detail about it, but I think that if it works well, we might have a thing that will be a thing. Vague enough? I just wanted to mention it because I am excited to get to work on this project. I feel like it has some really great potential. It's outside theatre, but still theatrical, so I will be able to use my skills I have honed as a playwright in a different field. So. Excited.

So I am tentatively hopeful. That's all I can ask for right now.

No comments: