Thursday, July 4, 2013

A DEATH IN THE FAMILY: Keeping on, Keeping on

I am still plugging away. I had done some research and really dug into writing a mystery and the psychology behind people who are spies and go undercover, and I think I know exactly what needs to happen with the mystery in the play. Now I just need to see how it's supposed to unfold.

I added a character that I had been thinking about adding for a long time--she's very dumb, and has a tendency to say really inappropriate dumb things, and she takes things very literally, but she's so sweet, you can't get mad at her. She's like a puppy doing puppy things.

I am hesitate about added a character this late in the game--I am afraid she is going to come off looking like PLOT DEVICE. I haven't had a lot of time to develop her well, although I know her basic motives and what she wants, so that's half the battle, right?

I wish I could convince myself this is a good move. I just know it might not be. Who knows? I feel so tentative about everything with this play, I just don't know where to go next. So, despite my misgivings, I am heading into it and we will see how it falls out.

I do need to get back to working on the holocaust play if I am ever going to have it ready in time for submitting it to New Frontier.

And I have a huge list of other things to work on, but you know, my brain freaks out so it's hard to focus sometimes. I do try hard though, and I will continue to try.

I can't wait until the someday that my brain is normal again, because there never was a normal for my brain. There was only the more balanced out brain I had with Effexor. I just have to keep going.

No comments: