Sunday, June 9, 2013

Brick Walls

I now remember why I was having such a hard time with A DEATH IN THE FAMILY. The part that I have been having a hard time with the mystery involved in the play.

Confession time: I do not know a thing about mysteries. I don't read them, I don't watch them generally, so I am venturing into all new territory.

Here is another problem I am running into--the temptation to change EVERYTHING. I know that sometimes that things will happen with writing and you end up basically starting all over again. I just don't know how much of it is just doubts based on some of the feedback I have gotten or if it's something the play really needs.

So I'm focusing on the mystery involved and will try and improve on that. And I have a curtain call I want to throw in, DRAGNET style.

I still feel good about the play--it's just always scary to go into new territory.

No comments: