Sunday, June 19, 2011

And I have Returned to the land of normal sun

It is going to take me some time to really tease out what going to the Last Frontier Theatre Conference has meant for me personally and professionally. I have made some AMAZING new friends, laughed more than I thought possible, saw more amazing plays than I ever thought I could in one week, had a wonderful reading with generous amazing actors and commentary from the panel and attendees. Really, I feel slightly unworthy by this--but at the same time I am SO GRATEFUL for this chance. What a great way to exit my day job and enter into my two months of insanity.

And on top of that, Alaska is probably the most beautiful place I have ever been. Mountains and ocean and glaciers and bears that wouldn't appear and hug any of us, and such clean fresh air, and holy crap, the water is really that blue!

So, now I have new friends I hope I can work with in the future and we all want to meet in Valdez again next year--I hope I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello there :) glad your trip was a success. If Alaska's really like you say it is, I'll half to take a trip out Northwest myself some day :). Anyways Hope all continues to go well for ya in the future. Good luck back in Iowa.