Thursday, April 7, 2011

What a Headache...

...that I had on Sunday. Vomity migraine = calling in sick to day job. That stunk, but when you can't see straight, it's hard to work in a kitchen.

I think that this migraine and it's aftershocks were probably brought on by a combination of stress and allergies. The allergies are easier to control than the stress, with drugs and all.

I think I need to learn to say no.

I have so much going on in my personal and theatre professional life that adding anything else to it at this point might just kill me. I dropped Script Frenzy before it even started and I actually bailed on National PlayREwriting Month. I feel terrible, especially about NaPlREWriMo, but it was a necessary evil. As I plan my move, my two theatre related trips, my wedding and still write and submit, all while working as much as I can, I need to focus my energies on these things. I don't think there's anything left for anything else.

So I guess in some ways this is a general apology to everyone and no one. I don't like to shirk my responsibilities, but I have some things I need to really focus on right now.

Now that I got that personal confession out of the way, let's talk about writing.

I have been continuing to edit 'Mine'. I think I said it before, but I really love this play. I don't often say that about my own work, but I am happy with the gist of the play so far. It needs a lot of work, and there's a few characters that need fleshing out, but generally I am happy with it. Does that mean I can be objective? I sure hope so because I was slashing and burning parts of the play yesterday while doing character work. I do feel, however, that it might be time for me to put the play aside soon to let it sit until Alaska.

No comments: