Sunday, February 6, 2011

Some Much to Do, So Little Time

January was filled with not a lot of work for me to do. I was doing a lot of crocheting, cleaning and dreaming of new jobs for my fiance (not creating them for him--ha! I wish!--but thinking of ones that he's interviewing for--could use some good karma in our direction!). But February. Oh, February, my old short friend, you always sneak up on me and the next thing I know, I have a million things to do!

Like what?

  • ABC/Disney Fellowship--still watching Wizards of Waverly Place and doing some reading from their suggested reading list. Luckily, I have a couple of the books, and a sweet Groupon hook-up, my B&N memberships and coupon assisted me in scoring Story for a mere $13 new. Awesome. Also, I don't think I need to have the script ready until June, so I got some time.
  • A reading. Of what, I'm not sure. It's going to be at the Faulkner County Library in April for National Library Week, but the play I originally wanted to do was too long for the presentation. So I need to either choose a different play or do selections from the play. Gotta figure that out soon.
  • Another library thing in April--doing write-ins for Script Frenzy. I was thinking that maybe doing a write-in once a week for any kind of writer who wants to come would be good. This will probably be Wednesdays in April. Again, gotta figure that out soon.
  • April = Script Frenzy = Human Girl.
  • March = National Play REWriting Month. I have to set up the forums and get that all ready. I'm really excited to dig back into 'Mine' and get it all straightened up. I got it printed out right now, and it's sitting on the shelf behind me, taunting me.
As usual, I ended up with some kind of blockage right here at the beginning of the year. Some of it is personal life upheaval and being in a holding pattern, but some of it is also just the beginning of the year. It seems to happen ever year--I just need to crochet and update my submissions notebook and do some reading of other stuff. I made it through, although during it, it seems like I might never write again and that I have to jump off a building.

Yeah, well, I'm still here.

1 comment:

CarrieMarie said...

glad you are still here, sis!!! love ya!