Sunday, February 20, 2011

Becoming a Night Owl to Give a Hoot

It's 4:30 in the morning, and I don't have to be to work until 6:30 and I've been up for an hour.

There's too many exciting things going on in my life to be sleeping through it!

Some of them I can't talk about (yet). But I think I can talk about this one:

http://www.pwscc.edu/conference/plays.shtml

If you scroll down, you will find me all the way near the bottom, with my state erroneously put as Arizona (note to self--email them regarding that), but I am completely planning on being in Alaska for a week in June! Even more exciting is that I actually don't have to struggle with work because it just so happens that the week was free. June is usually a hard month to get time off, but I guess it was meant to be.

So that is wonderful. I am very excited to to the Last Frontier Conference and to visit Alaska. I have never been there, so this will be quite the experience.

AND, finally, a year and a half later, something good has happened with my work, without my direct doing (other than sending a play to them!). 'Time Changes' is probably my most polished of my unpublished, unproduced work, so this is great. I am really looking forward to this!

And, after my last post, and a pep talk from my dramaturg buddy, Robert, I might have had a breakthrough with 'Saving Ryan's Pumpkins'. I wasn't sure I was ever going to care about the play, but the characters are developing more quickly now--thank the gods too, because April is coming right up here!

And in the next couple weeks, I have another announcement as well. This is a personal one, rather than a playwriting one, but I know it will change my writing (again) for the better!

No comments: