Saturday, October 16, 2010

National Playwriting Month 2010

http://www.naplwrimo.org/node/453

This is the second day of my 26 day countdown to National Playwriting Month 2010. I am moderating again this year, and I thought I was going to work on two different plays, and now I have settled, for the moment, on a play entitled 'Mine'. I will write more about it when I sit down tomorrow and really hammer the details out and sketch an outline for the characters. I am really excited about this year, and please, if you know someone who you think might be interested in joining us this year, forward this to them. Link to my page and Naplwrimo.org. This project is very near and dear to my heart. I started it the first year I moved here, and it's really helped sustain me here as far as writing goes. It would mean a lot to me if the word got spread.

National Playwriting Month isn't just about writing a play in 30 days. The real deeper meaning is underneath it. It's about giving yourself a gift to be a writer. In a world where we get pulled away from writing and are distracted by other responsibilities, those of us who are and claim to be writers can find ourselves NOT being true to our nature. And the gift of driving yourself insane writing a play in 30 days is the best gift you can give yourself as a writer.

No comments: