Sunday, January 10, 2010

time flew

The rest of 2009 and the first two weeks of 2010 have gotten away from me, as usual. I also have some things I can't post about here yet, but there's some exciting stuff happening for me this year. Posting will definitely occur when I can do it.

But for now, for a fellowship I am applying to, I have to write a statement of purpose--with no other guidelines.

This is not easy. I never had to write an essay to get into college or anything, so this is all new to me. I know how to be verbose--if you know me in person, you know that I can talk A LOT. And don't get me started on things I love--you and I could be here all day.

But a statement of purpose for my playwriting? Suddenly, I'm frozen up. I've spent two weeks writing things down in a notebook, trying to get a feel for what I should write. And all of it is ringing wrong. I'm afraid it's going to be too long, but I can always cut stuff. I am going to be using some things I have written in here, so I need to go through my archives. And I already realize I need to blog more...

But I am working on some things though. I got a couple new projects coming down the pike and I am currently editing 'Suburbia', which apparently I haven't picked up in two years...but it's fine. It's time now to edit it.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful new year!

No comments: